The led street lighting projects are usually procured by the government. They have strict LED street light parameter requirements. In fact, different countries have specific certification requirements. The mass production of outdoor led street lights also needs to conform to the process to ensure the quality stability of mass production. ADNLITE has more than 10 years of experience in the production of LED street lights. We are willing to teach you how to buy led street lights in this article.
Main Parameters in LED Street Light Specifications
Efficiency of LED Driver
-25℃ – +50℃
Factors to Consider When Buying Led Street Lights
Here we list the main parameters that need to be paid attention to when buying outdoor led street lights.
Wattage Power (W)
Wattage power (W) is the power consumption of decorative led street lights. The LED power accounts for about 90%, and the power supply accounts for about 10%. Led street light power is usually 30W, 50W, 60W, 100W, 150W, 200W, 250W and 300W.
Light Effect ( LM/W)
The luminous flux (lumens) produced by an led street light fixture per watt of electricity consumed. The light efficiency of led street lamps is usually between 100lm/w and 170lm/w. The light efficiency of Led chips mainly determines the light efficiency of lamps. The smart led street light efficiency is also related to color temperature and color rendering index. In addition, the lamp’s light efficiency is also related to the lens’s transmittance and the power supply’s energy conversion rate.
IP Rating is about outdoor led street light waterproof. The IP rating of streetlights is usually IP65. But some suppliers falsely mark the IP lamps of led street lights as IP66. IP66 means that the luminaire can work underwater. However, be careful with this false label. Since achieving IP66 in the structural design of Led street lamps is impossible. Moreover, it is also not necessary to achieve that IP66 rating.
Color temperature refers to the color of light emitted by a fixture. The color temperature is generally between 3000K and 6500K. 3000K is yellowish, and 6500K is blueish. To avoid white light pollution, many cities now use street lights with a color temperature of 3000K.
LED Chip Model & Brand
The main brands of Led chips: are Osram, Philips, Cree, Samsung, Sanan, and so on. The main model of the led street lighting chip is 3030, and the light efficiency of the 3030 chip is between 130 and 190 lm/w. The project also uses the 5050 chip, and the light efficiency of the 5050 chip can reach 180 to 230lm/w.
Color Rendering Index
The color rendering index refers to light’s ability to reveal an object’s original color. The display index of solar energy is 100, whereas its color rendering index is 70 to 90. Conversely, traditional high-pressure sodium lamps’ color rendering index is around 20 to 30.
The lateral light-emitting angle of the Led street light is between 130-150°. The longitudinal lighting angle of outdoor led street lights is between 60-70°. Moreover, the light distribution curve of Led road lights is basically in the shape of bat wings. The shape of bat wings’ light distribution curve can make the road lighting brightness more uniform.
Power Driver Brand
The main power supply brands for led street lamps are Osram, Philips, Meanwell, Sosen, Inventronic, UE, and so on.
Size & Weight
The size and weight of the street light are related to the IK level. The general street light IK level can reach IK08.
Installation Angle Adjustment
According to the road conditions, the installation angle of the led street lighting needs to be adjusted horizontally or vertically in the range of 0-15°.
Lightning Protection Level
The lightning protection level of the led street lamp power supply is between 2-5kv. A lightning protection device can also be installed, and the lightning protection level is 10KV, 15KV, and 20KV.
The dark-to-dawn dim function automatically turned on the street lights when it is dark and automatically turned off during the day.
Auto Time Dim
If the led street lamp has the auto time dim period, you can set the power of the street light. If you want you can set them to be different in 3 to 5 time periods at night. For example, there are many pedestrians in the first 4 hours, so the brightness is 100%. In the middle of the night, when there are few pedestrians, set the brightness to 50% to save power.
Remote Intelligent Control of Street Lights Led
The smart led street lights adopt ZIGBEE, 0-10V, and GPRS communication dimming technology to realize real-time monitoring, and recording. You can also adjust each street lamp on the computer or mobile phone. Click to see more remote control technologies for smart led street lights.
Led Street Lights luminaire Certification, Testing Standards
The following are the main certifications and tests for outdoor led street lights in various national markets.
- Europe: CE/GS/TUV/CE-NB
- Australia: SAA/Australia EMC/LCP/VEET/IPART
- North America: UL/ETL/CSA/FCC/IC
- Brazil: Inmetro
- Africa: SABER
- IES Testing: Test the beam angle, light distribution curve, light effect, etc.
- Integrating Sphere: detect lamp color temperature, color rendering index, luminous flux, voltage, current, power factor, etc.
- Heat Dissipation Test: test the surface temperature of the lamp after lighting it for some time.
- Waterproof Test: test the waterproof level of lamps, usually IP65
- Salt Spray Test: test the corrosion resistance of lamps.
- Light Decay Test: test the change of light efficiency with time decay after working for a period of time, usually LM79 LM80.
- Wind Test: test the ability of lamps to resist strong wind.
- EMC: Test the ability of lamps and lanterns to resist electromagnetic interference.
- LVD: Test the low voltage safety performance of lamps.
How to Install An Led Street Light?
Before Installing Led Pole Street Lights:
- Construction personnel must have relevant certifications, knowledge, and work experience.
- When handling the led street light, be careful with the street light glass and lens.
- Any installation should be done with the power completely off.
- Installation operations must be carried out properly using relevant tools and equipment.
- During construction, it must be confirmed whether the weather is within the scope of outdoor high-altitude electrical work.
- Street light installations must have work trucks with lift tables, warning signs, flashing lights, etc.
- Do not put the led street lamp in an environment of humidity, rain, vibration, corrosion, and a strong electromagnetic field.
Preparations Before Installing Led Street Lighting
- Check whether the fasteners of each part of the lamp are firm and can work normally.
- Prepare installation tools: wrench, screwdriver, wire stripper, multimeter, wire, tape measure, etc.
Led Street Lamps Installation Steps
- Correctly connect the street light power cord and pole cable.
- Connect the street lamp head to the polearm.
- Adjust the direction of the street light so that the street light illuminates the effective area of the road.
- Add washers and spring sheets, and fasten with nuts.
- Check the wiring and test whether the street lights work properly.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the installation of street lights.
- When threading the wires, be careful not to get the wires caught at the pole connection.
- Do not bump or scratch the lamp body, wires, and lens during installation.
Led Street Lamp Assembly Steps & Quality Inspection
The production process of led street lamps includes many steps and parameters.
- LED welding
- PCB board coating with thermal grease
- Fixing PCB board
- Welding PCB board wires
- A preliminary power-on inspection of lamps
- Fixing the power supply
- Installation of the lens and whole lamp screws
- Power-on impact test
- Whole lamp inspection
- Packaging and storage
During the material testing, check whether:
- The casing has surface scratches during transportation.
- The lens has surface scratches.
- The LED chips are soldered, leaked, desoldered, or damaged.
- The PCB input voltage and current are correct.
- The input and output parameters of the power supply are correct.
- The hole position and the screw match.
In inspection during production, kindly check whether:
- The thermal grease is applied evenly.
- You need to solder LED chips. Pay attention to anti-static measures.
- The screws for fixing the PCB, lens, and housing are loose.
- The input voltage and current of the whole lamp meet the requirements.
- Is there a sealing strip, or is the sealing strip stuck in the correct position.
In the whole lamp aging test (after a long time of lighting), check whether the lamp’s temperature, voltage, current, and luminous flux meet the requirements.